In some cases it is needed to get more internal logging on what the SCOM VMware Monitor processes are executing. Using a special registry key you can accomplish this.
Activate debug logging
To activate the debug logging. Please execute the steps below on every MS server that is responsible for the VMware monitoring.
- Run the this command as administrator on the SCOM servers where the VMware Collector is running:
reg add "HKLM\Software\OpsLogix\VMware\Client Modules" /v "DebugMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\OpsLogix\VMware\Collector" /v "DebugMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f
- Stop the "Microsoft Monitoring Agent" and the "Opslogix VMware Collector Service"
- Clear the OperationsManager eventlog
- Increase the retention size of the OperationsManager eventlog
- Start the "Microsoft Monitoring Agent" and the "Opslogix VMware Collector Service"
After this all debug messages will be logged in the OperationsManager NT eventlog starting with event sources "Opslogix VMware ...."
If you want to debug the 'VMware MP Configuration' dashboard then add on the machine were you run the SCOM console the key below and restart the SCOM console:
reg add "HKLM\Software\OpsLogix\VMware\Console" /v "DebugMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f
Deactivate debug logging
To disable the debug logging remove the created key in step 1 or change the value of DebugLevel to 0.
Possible values are :
|TraceMode with outputting first part of the PB content
|[only for support engineers] TraceMode with outputting complete PB content to local XML file