We’re happy to announce a new update release of our VMware Management Pack for SCOM 2012/2016. This latest release is upgradable starting from V22.214.171.124 or later.
The update is downloadable from the customer download area.
VMware Management Pack V126.96.36.199
The new VMware Management Pack update allows the monitoring of larger VMware environments, using a lower footprint while maintaining stability.
The optimization of all modules has enabled the management pack to be able to handle more workloads and we’ve added detailed error messaging for the connection check monitor.
- When using GW as a SCOM resource pool members to monitor VMware, it can no longer result in an unresponsive resource pool.
- Hardware monitoring, in some situations, can no longer stall and report an error to the event log.
- Incorrect last value is no longer shown in alert messages from some monitors.
- When adding a new VC connection, an incorrect server is no longer used to do the connection check.
For more additions, changes, and fixes please refer to release notes.
- Import the updated management packs.
- When imported wait +/- 10 minutes to get the updated MPs distributed in your SCOM environment.
- In the SCOM console, go to the “Administration” folder -> “Resource Pools” and select the resource pool(s) that is responsible for the VMware monitoring.
- Select the “view resource pool members..”. For every member, access to the server and follow the step below:
- Restart the SCOM agent