CASE PROFILE: ORACLE MANAGEMENT PACK
OpsLogix assisted Microsoft China and Shanghai Disney Resort with the implementation of the OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack to build a data center management platform. With this business case, you will gain insights into the challenges Shanghai Disney Resort faced and how OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack provided solutions to these challenges.
OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack
√ Shanghai Disney Resort
√ Microsoft China
√ 9 km2 (963 acres)
√ Theme Park
√ Two Resort Hotels
√ 10.000+ employees
OUR SOLUTION: ORACLE MANAGEMENT PACK
Shanghai Disney Resort was looking for a suitable solution to build up their datacenter management platform. After an orientating POC of varying platforms and some deliberation, System Center 2012 R2 was chosen.
The objectives for Shanghai Disney Resort within the POC:
- Project scoping and set up with System Center Suite 2012 R2 Environment
- Hardware and OS Monitoring: HP server, Windows/ Linux OS
- Database Monitoring: SQL/Oracle
- Virtualization Monitoring: VMware
- Application Monitoring: AD, Exchange, Web Service
- Network device monitoring
OpsLogix assisted Microsoft China & Shanghai Disney Resort with the OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager.
The OpsLogix Oracle MP monitors Oracle tablespace and performance and will monitor Oracle irrespective of what OS Oracle is running on, including mixed environments. With Disney Shanghai, this was the case with both Windows and Linux OS used to run the Oracle databases.
Additionally, its powerful feature-set also supports:
- The OpsLogix Oracle MP does not make use of a SCOM agent on any Oracle database.
- By using the Oracle ODAC to draw data into SCOM, it is agentless and enforces a no-touch monitoring policy on an Oracle environment.
- By making full use of the Resource pooling feature in SCOM, the OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack insures built-in redundancy and load balancing, further maximizing SCOM’s feature set.
- Being native to System Center and fully integrated into the CI perspective of Service Manager. The OpsLogix Management Pack supports automation, enabling the auto-population and updating of configuration management databases (CMDB).
Using the OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack, Shanghai Disney Resort’s monitoring team is proactively able to successfully monitor the Oracle infrastructure.
Furthermore, the monitoring team is able to corroborate and support the DBAs without impacting any security measures (no-touch monitoring policy).
World leader in business-critical Native Management Packs. OpsLogix delivers solutions for System Center that helps businesses stay in control.