Oracle Management Pack Update Release (21.9.2568.0)
by Michel Kamp, on 19-Oct-2021 14:00:00
We’re happy to announce a new update release of our Oracle Management Pack for SCOM. The 21.9.2568.0 release contains new features, fixes, and changes. On top of this, we have also released a new datasheet and a white paper that you can find more information about further down in this article.
- Discovery of extra tablespace properties: BLOCKSIZE, MAX EXTENTS, MAXSIZE
- Discovery of extra datafile properties: Auto Extend, Increment
- DevOps PowerShell module for managing the Oracle instance connections in SCOM.
- When using the configuration dashboard and deleting an Oracle connection will now ask for a confirmation
The discovery of extra table space properties and extra datafile properties can improve the overview of space usage and report.
By using the OpsLogix Oracle PowerShell module you can add and remove connections and you are able to assign instance licenses, more information can be found here.
- Undiscovery doesn't work when an instance license is unassigned
- In some scenarios the tablespace free monitoring was incorrect
- Optimized the DB size calculation query
- Starting the OpsLogix configuration dashboard failed due to a missing SDK connection.
- When the listener service was stopped no error was generated.
- Tablespace temp properties allocated, max size when more than 1 data file attached
- When the license is expired you cannot remove the instance connection
- Other small issues
- Updated the Client ODAC package to 19.11.0.
- NOTICE: We have changed the tablespace free monitoring. If you have set auto-extend on tablespaces/datafiles we will apply them to the calculation
- NOTICE: We changed the version numbering to [Year].[Month].[BuildNr].[PatchNr] to get better release insights
- NOTICE: The license will now be attached to a version number. Please download and import a new license from the customer portal before importing this version
Download the new version in the customer portal.
The OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack requires Microsoft SCOM 2012 SP1, 2012 R2, 2016, 180x or 2019.
The OpsLogix Oracle Management Pack makes use of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5. It is required that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is installed on all SCOM Management Server and Gateway Servers that are resource pool members in the resource pool used for Oracle monitoring.
The Management Pack can be upgraded from Oracle Management Pack version V1.3.16.x or above.
Please note that from this version and on, there is a need to upgrade the license key before implementation of each new version. You can find more informaiton about it in the Upgrade Guide.
For more additions, changes, and fixes please refer to release notes found in the Knowledge Base.
If you want to know more about the management pack or read the new White Paper or Datasheet visit our product site.
New to Oracle Monitoring or facing issues with SCOM?
Our team of experts will help you as an experienced IT professional or new in the industry with implementation and onboarding for the Oracle MP. If you have any issues with your SCOM environment, we will also provide advisory services when purchasing any of our products. Ask questions related to the Management Packs or monitoring in SCOM in general.
Contact sales if you want to know more.
About our experts
Our team of SCOM experts is industry-leading. They have attended several conferences related to SCOM and monitoring as speakers.
After many successful implementation projects and the development of leading management packs, you can be sure that you are in good hands.